Types of Texas Home Owners & Property Insurance Policies

Are you a Texas homeowner? Then you know the importance of having the right home insurance coverage. Different types of Texas homeowners have different needs, and we’re here to help you find the perfect policy for your unique situation. Whether you own a single-family home, a condo, a mobile home, or you’re renting, there’s a tailored insurance policy waiting for you.

Introducing our Ultimate Guide to Texas Home Insurance:

HO-1: Basic Form Looking for bare-bones coverage? The HO-1 policy has you covered. It protects against limited named perils such as fire, smoke, theft, and more. In Texas, it’s known as the HO-A policy, providing essential coverage even in designated catastrophe areas, with the option to add separate windstorm or hurricane coverage.

HO-2: Broad Form If you need more than basic coverage but can’t afford HO-3, consider the HO-2 policy. It offers protection against a broader range of named perils, including falling objects, freezing pipes, and more. It’s the perfect choice for Texas homeowners looking for a budget-friendly option.

HO-3: Special Form For most Texas homeowners, the HO-3 policy is the way to go. It’s the most common type and provides open-perils coverage for your home and structures, excluding only specific perils like earthquakes and floods. Your personal property remains protected on a named-peril basis.

HO-4: Contents Broad Form Are you a Texas renter? HO-4 policies are designed with you in mind. While your landlord’s insurance covers the structure, HO-4 protects your personal belongings and provides liability coverage if someone is injured in your unit.

HO-5: Comprehensive Form When HO-3 just isn’t enough, step up to the HO-5 policy. It offers open-perils coverage for both your home and personal property, making it ideal for Texas homeowners who want maximum protection.

HO-6: Unit-Owners Form Condo or co-op unit owners in Texas need the HO-6 policy. It fills the gaps left by your building’s master insurance policy, offering coverage for your unit’s improvements and personal possessions.

HO-7: Mobile Home Form If you own a mobile home in Texas, the HO-7 policy is a must-have. It provides coverage similar to the HO-3 policy, but remember to check if you need supplemental coverage for when your home is in transit.

HO-8: Modified Coverage Form Own an old or high-risk home in Texas? The HO-8 policy is your solution. While it offers limited coverage similar to HO-1, it’s designed for homes that would be costly to replace.

No matter which policy form you choose, consider additional coverage options like Texas DP-1 insurance for vacant properties, Texas DP-3 insurance for rental properties, personal umbrella policies, scheduled personal property coverage for high-value items, and water backup coverage for added peace of mind.

Your choice of Texas homeowners insurance should reflect your home’s type, its repair or rebuild costs, and the value of your belongings. We recommend investing in comprehensive coverage that suits your budget, so you’re prepared for whatever comes your way. As your savings grow, you can adjust your deductible, but remember, sometimes a little extra premium pays off when you need to file a significant claim.

Secure your Texas home with the right insurance policy today. Protect what matters most to you – your home and peace of mind.

Popular Posts

Get a Quote

Scroll to Top

Get A Quote